It seems natural that the standards and an initial formative assessment should drive the content of a particular course or project. The formative assessments act as 'student location beacon' or starting point for a course or project. A place where the students are coming from. The standards are the conclusion, target or ending point. A place where the class will eventually end up. If you want to go on a journey, it seems natural that you need to know where you are and where you are going. I guess the difficult part comes in the middle. Additional formative assessments and corrections to the classes 'course' based on these is a way to ensure that students get to the finish line.
Part of what concerns me is the 'buy in. I want students to be interested and enthusiastic about my course and science in general. Creating problems that produce this enthusiasm does not seem to be very predictable. I guess that's where the CFQs come in. These help broaden the focus to a degree that pulls in more students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment