Monday, June 15, 2009

Instructional Designer

The idea of using the project model instructional technique represents a logical step to providing my students with a rich experience that includes the opportunity for 'deeper learning' and increased enthusiasm for my chosen field of expertise.

I am having trouble identifying all of the student and teacher expectations. This is what I have so far:

Student Responsibility:
Manage project timeline and meet deadlines
Pose thoughtful questions to peers and teacher
Journal
Research
Collaborate
Maintain enthusiasm
Take advantage of technology resources.

Teacher Responsibility:
Maintain Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Alignment
Define expectations
Produce and provide a reasonable project timeline
Assist students in time management
Pose thoughtful questions
Facilitate product testing
Provide technology resources.

Parent Responsibility:
Assist student in managing time and meeting deadlines
Pose thoughtful questions to student
Review student work and provide thoughtful feedbackProvide technology resources (where feasible.)

Can you suggest additional responsibilities?

2 comments:

  1. I like the use of the word responsibilites. It makes it clear that the project is not just busy work but well planned and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a good grasp of all the Responsibilities necessary for this type of system.

    One thought I have is that the Teacher may need to help in the maintaining of enthusiasm in the project.

    ReplyDelete